Hi,
    I have a question.  I have done as many instructions have shown me
to enable the two side buttons on my Intellimouse Explorer in Linux
(RH 7.1, XF86 4.0.3-5), and they are recognised (I checked using xev),
but now I don't know how to map some sort of function to the buttons.
For instance, I'd like to be able to press one of the side buttons and
have it perform alt+tab, or the other to open an application or close
it(though that may be more manager-specific).  Do you know how I can
define what I'd like the buttons to be able to do?  Currently, I have
XF86Config set up like this:

#--------------
Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol"   "ExplorerPS/2"
Option "Device"  "/dev/mouse"
    Option "Buttons"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"

and in my WindowMaker startup script I have
xmodmap -e pointer = "1 2 3 6 7 4 5"

Now I just need to define what the buttons do.  Thank you in advance for
any ideas you can provide for me.

Sincerely,
Greg Ambler