On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Billy Biggs wrote:

> Dr Andrew C Aitchison ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
>
> > I have watched DVDs on the i815 where both the the window and the
> > pixel size reported on the DVD box were wider than 720 pixels, so this
> > many not be a fatal limit.
>
>   The coded image size on a DVD will never be larger than 720.  What DVD
> was this?

Sorry, when I check I was confused. The boxes don't claim a pixel size,
just an aspect ratio (16:9 or 2.35:1). Xine displays them in a 900x576
window, so given that TV pixels are 5:4 you will be right - the coded
width *is* 720.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna