Around 17 o'clock on Nov 2, Christopher Blizzard wrote:

> Attached is a test case for the client library that always exits on my
> machine.  Sometimes it gets a SIGPIPE, sometimes it gets a real X error
> but most of the time that it does get a real X error it has a random
> request_code.
>
> Yes, what the code does is insane ( huge strings like this don't usually
> happen in real life ) but it's still something that should probably be
> fixed.

I see several possible "fixes":

        1)      Require that applications bounds check their text requests
        2)      Make Xlib check and *truncate* the request (not reasonable)
        3)      Use BIG-REQUESTS (but doesn't solve problem).

Which would you like to use?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]        XFree86 Core Team              SuSE, Inc.