Hi,

> /dev/input/mice should always emulate the IMPS/2 protocol, regardless of
> what the mouse actually is, according to something I read some time ago (in
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation, IIRC).

You're right, from /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help:

[...]
Mouse support
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV
   Say Y here if you want your USB HID mouse (or ADB mouse handled by
   the input layer) to be accessible as char devices 13:32+ -
   /dev/input/mouseX and 13:63 - /dev/input/mice as an emulated ImPS/2
   mouse.  That way, all user space programs will be able to use your
   mouse.
[...]

Can someone add this to the XFree86 FAQ or documentation ?