On 27 Nov 2001, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > Please try the attached program (courtesy of Mark Vojkovich) without
> > > this option. If the moving line leaves artifacts, there's probably
> > > something wrong with the radeon driver's line acceleration.
> >
> > I just tested it and it leaves artifacts without Option
> > "XaaNoSolidTwoPointLine", see screenshot here:
> > http://www.epita.fr/~cahagn_o/xfree86/xfreebug3.jpg
>
> Looks beautiful. :)
>
> > It works fine when setting this option.
>
> Mark, any idea what could cause this?

   miSetZeroLineBias isn't set to reflect the hardware's (peculiar)
biases.  But from the looks of the real-life screen shots you have
bigger problems than that.  Mismatches between software and hardware
line biases, though definitely an error, are rarely a problem for
real-world apps unless you have backing store enabled.

                                Mark.