Hi

After reading there where some fixes to the sis driver
regarding the LCD handling, I've tested the newest
driver (cvs) on my laptop.

Just to give some feedback I'm writing this email. ;)

I have disabled the kernel framebuffer and have
successfully started X in 16 bpp mode (1024x768). But the display
on the LCD was moved up ~30 pixels, there was a black space on the bottom
of the screen.

Starting X in 24bpp mode didn't work, the lcd screen flashed and X
closed with a message like "screeninit failed 0x4b". (Sorry I don't
remember the exact error message at the moment)

-Andre.