On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Jeremy Sugerman wrote:

> In article
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Mark wrote:
> >   Many drivers have Rotate options.  Eg, from the "nv" driver man
> >page:
> >
> >       Option "Rotate" "CW"
> >
> >       Option "Rotate" "CCW"
> >              Rotate  the  display clockwise or counterclockwise.
> >              This mode is unaccelerated.  Default: no  rotation.
>
> Coincidentally, I just tried this last night with my TNT2 and XFree86 4.1.0.
> It didn't work well at all.  The hardware cursor seemed pretty badly
> confused and there were weird dead areas on the screen containing garbage
> and portions of the root weren't visible no matter how I panned around.
> Dragging windows caused all sorts of corruption and glitching.

   Ugh, I haven't tried this stuff in a long time.  It looks like
somebody broke all of this stuff.  I doubt the problems are specific
to the "nv" driver.  I'll look into it.  Sound like nobody has been
using it though, since this is the first time I've heard a complaint
about it not working.

                                Mark.

PS.  There is no hardware cursor in that mode.