Helpful info on this topic....
--- Begin Message ---

----snip------
Also, my monitor is plugged into the digital port via the supplied
adapter. TV is plugged into the S video port which adapts into composite
via the supplied adapter. When setup this way, console works fine on the
monitor but the text-output on the tv is scrambled. When starting X, X
comes up fine on the monitor, but the TV is scrambled as always. During
startup the TV flickers a few times and ends up scrambled.
----snip-----

Hello

ATI states in the documentation for the Radeon VE that the following
configuration does not work.

CRT monitor+TV unsupported if the CRT monitor is attached to DVI-I connector
via DVI-I to VGA adapter.

I also have a Radeon VE in one of my machines. It would be great to have TV
out as an option. Let me know how it goes.

Jean-Yves Coupal
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--- End Message ---