hello all,

I recently installed redhat linux 7.1 on alphastation
255. The alpha has videocard with TGA chipset.

Anaconda crashed because of the graphical screen so i
used text based installation. When configuring X
Windows it crashed again.

I installed without XFree and got kit 4.1.0 from the
XFree site. It installed fine. XFree86 -configure
again came back with the tga chipset (it is 8-plane
card) and a config file to use. I chose basic
resolution 640x480 to exclude card limitations. When
starting X it crashed again.

I included the log file after last crash.

Is this a bug?

Regards
Sam