On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 05:15:12PM +0100, Christian Neubauer wrote:
> i am really desperate after reading maillist archives, FAQs etc. My
> Thosiba Tecra 8200 with 1400x1050 display reports to the trident
> X-server module that is is a 1280x1050. Probably the server insists in
> prefering VESA modes, although the 1400x1050 mode is reported.
>
> 1. Does anyone know how to tell xfree not to probe for any display but
> specifying a certain resolution

Its not really probing for the display, as much as there is a LCD[]
constant defined in the trident_driver.c module which defines all of
the LCD modes. 1280x1024 is the largest one in that array.

I briefly tried to modify the array to include 1400x1050 and all I got
was a confusing grey screen. I don't know what all the various
parameters need to be though.
-pete

--
(peter.royal|osi)@pobox.com - http://pobox.com/~osi
jabber/ [EMAIL PROTECTED] - icq/ 153025 - aim/ osifx - yahoo/ osi_fx