Egbert,

could you shortly describe what exactly you changed in the xfree drive

a) for fixing that rectangle bug,

b) for making in work on LCD panels?

There are a lot of changes in the CVS version so I am not able to sort
what exactly did the job(s).

I would like to include your changes in the 4.1 driver since it will
presumable take a while until 4.2 rolls out (and get mature enough for
running it on production systems).

Further I would like to try to fiy the kernel's sisfb driver. That one
works except that it does not initialize the LCD, as I hear.

Did a little further testing with CVS version by the way. Seems to have
a slight problem with APM on my machine... suspend works, at resume the
box freezes (mouse and kbd dead, network and rest of machine ok)... And,
as I said before, starting X causes my machine to freeze rock solid
every third time. (I am aware that this is not a proper "bug report" but
I don't have time to debug it closer.)

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria                  Check it out: