Mark Vojkovich ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> > The "fourcc.h" file does not contain any RGB formats. Is there any
> > particular reason for this??http://www.webartz.com/fourcc has
> > standard RGB formats defined as well. Why not include them for the
> > next release.
>
> I don't think any drivers are using RGB formats.  Also, there aren't
> unambiguous fourcc codes for RGB as far as I can tell.

  Need to start somewhere to encourage driver writers to support RGB
overlay surfaces.  Why don't we start by standardizing what X uses for
RGB fourccs.

  Unfortunately in the Windows world, you construct a 565 overlay by
using the RGB bitfield fourcc and setting some other parameter to ask
for 565, from what I remember.

--
Billy Biggs