On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Sergiy A. Pivovaroff wrote:

> I have 2 video cards on my Linux server

> But when my Xwindows 4.1.0 starts, only one card work: ATI Mach64. Why?
> I have enable S3 in XF86Config

> Section "Screen"
>     Identifier  "Screen 1"
>     Device      "ATI Mach64"
>     Monitor     "Samsung1"
>     DefaultDepth 16

> Section "Screen"
>     Identifier  "Screen 1"
>     Device      "ATI Mach64"
>     Monitor     "Samsung1"
>     DefaultDepth 16
> ------------------------------------

I assume that was a typo, and the 2 screen sections are for
different screens. However I don't see a ServerLayout section like:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier "DualHead"
        # Option        "Xinerama"
        Screen "Screen 1
        Screen "Screen 2" leftof "Screen 1"
        InputDevice     "PS2Mouse"      "CorePointer"
        InputDevice     "Keyboard0"     "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

I prefer to name my screens, not just number them, perhaps you could
use "ATI-Samsung" and "S3-monitortype".

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna