Mark Vojkovich ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> I don't see any Image acceleration at all in the sis driver in CVS.  I
> do see while loops polling registers in the Xv code paths, however.
> The code would imply that you can only program the overlay during the
> retrace, hence polling until the retrace for every XvShmPutImage
> request.

  Seems like they'd do alot better just:

  while (!pOverlay->VBlankActiveFunc(pSIS));

  and hope they don't enter the blank while they're writing those
registers.  If they really need to synchronize something on the retrace,
is it easy to put functions in DRI so that you can queue a request in
the kernel?

  Regardless this driver is busted. :(

--
Billy Biggs