I noticed when I set up my Red Hat 7.2 box with an ATI Rage Pro LT card
that Configured was identifying and configuring is as a Mach64 card even
though lspci reported that it was a Rage Pro card. The auto configured
setup did work though. When I tried to force it to use the r128 driver
using ChipID, my efforts failed. Also, I noticed that when X loads up,
from the messages that are printed out, I saw that libscanpci identified
my card as a Mach64 LB Rev 220. Then, when the ati driver loaded up, it
printed out some more messages that indicated that it was aware of the
R128 and RADEON. So, is my chip really a Mach64, even though ATI calls it
a Rage Pro LT? Also, how do I find out the various features of the
different chipsets... if I could get a hold of programming information
about my card, I would be happy to try to contribute to the XFree effort
to get some accelerated stuff in. Does ATI publish the information that
would be necessary? I couldn't find anything like that on their web site.
Thanks,
Joseph Teichman