greetings,

I have an unlisted video card (E&S Accelgalaxy) and the max resolution I got was
320x200 on an RH7.1 w/ XFreee86 3.x.x.
I posted this query a few months ago and I received a reply telling me to use fbdev
(included in XFree86 4.1.0) instead of SVGA server.
I recently got a copy of RH7.2 w/c has XFree86 4.1.0 but could'nt find any fbdev in
server selection.

how do i use fbdev?
I installed an rpm of fbdev.
I've tried editing the XF86Config (as outlined in man fbdev & man XF86Config)file but
it didn't help.
Maybe I'm just not doing the right thing, can anyone tell me where to find the
information on how to make use of fbdev?

Outside of creating my own driver (w/c I can't do, not at the moment) is using the
fbdev the only way to make unlisted video cards work?

thanks, I appreciate any help you can extend.

luie