What I'm really concerned about is: I don't like the idea of running things
SUID (especially games).  I know very little about X and programming and was
just wondering if this will ever be "fixed"?

Otherwise, game developers will be forced to be root just to make games
(unrealistic on multiuser systems).  And if the game isn't written well, SUID
will leave users with a glaring security problem.  IMHO, this SUID issue must
be "fixed" soon.

Thanks,
pesarif