From: Christer Palm [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 2:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Xpert]i815 overlay output revisited

Hi!
I'm using an i815 chipset with a Chrontel 7007 TV-out chip, and I'm
seeing the same "blue bar at the right hand" video overlay centering
problems as previously described in the following posts:

http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2001-November/013424.html
http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2001-November/013425.html
http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2001-November/013467.html

However, I obviously have a very different offset... I get the Xv output
  centered in the output window when using:

   i810Reg->OverlayActiveStart = mode->CrtcHTotal + 104;
   i810Reg->OverlayActiveEnd = mode->CrtcHDisplay + 104;

The chipset is identified as "Intel i815 rev 4" by the PCI scan, and I'm
working with the 4.1.99.4 CVS head.

This leads me to believe that the initialization of these registers is
probably not taking all necessary parameters into consideration. At this
stage, however, I'm not familiar enough with the guts of the i815
overlay engine to come up with any good suggestions on how to fix it.
Perhaps someone already sits on a good answer?

--
Christer Palm