On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Anita Kishore wrote:

> Hi:
>
>     I am totally new to this, hence the request. Can some one send me a
> small sample program for using Xvideo calls for x86, RH7.2,  Nvidia's
> TNT2 card running their OpenGL driver. I want to know how to draw YUV
> video coming from a video card into the X overlay. I have gone through
> Xv and all related call's man pages, but it would be nice if I had some
> code to look at.

   You want to dump video from a capture card into the overlay?
Is this a Video4Linux device?  The V4L module in the X-server should
already be able to do that for you.  Basically, the functions
for setting up an overlay surface are only internal to the X-server,
so another X-server module is the only thing that can arrange
to have an overlay surface set up.

                                Mark.