On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

> I believe that there is a Mach64 project within DRI, but I'm not sure
> that it is main stream, ie you might have to find a development branch
> of CVS, compile it yourself. If it isn't in the main DRI tree yet,
> that could indicate that it isn't finished...

I've found the details at http://dri.sourceforge.net/status.phtml
  There currently is no working Mach64 (Rage Pro) support.
  A Mach64 branch exists, but work on it was never completed.
  Several people are currently trying to write a working driver
  - if you are interested in helping out send a message to the
  dri-devel mailing list.
The page isn't dated, but it sounds as if you can't instantly have 3D
on this card.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna