I was happily running my system with SuSE 6.3, kernel 2.5.2, Asus A7V,
Matrox G400 dual head (Matrox drivers, but it worked with XFree drivers
too), mouse Microsoft Intellimouse w/IntelliEye USB (the best mouse
ever) and XFree 4.1.0. I upgraded to 4.2.0 while keeping the
/etc/X11/Xf86Config. The old installation was simply overtwritten. Now
dual head support is gone (second screen is blank) and support for the
mouse wheel disappeared. I replaced the XFree drivers with the Matrox
drivers for the G400 and dualhead support is back.
The mouse wheel, on the contrary, refuses to work, no matter what I do.
What can be wrong?
Cheers