On 5 Feb 2002, Jose Fonseca wrote:

> This is email regards the hw cursor garbling in mach64 based cards when
> DRI is enabled.

        [...]

> So the fix is rather simple. My question is why having different
> variables with apparent same meaning and with different values?

pATI->VideoRAM is intended to be the actual amount of memory on the card.
The driver sets pScreenInfo->videoRam to the subset of that it makes
available to the rest of the server.  The amount of memory the driver thus
reserves is not intended to be used by anything else.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |