All,
    I have been trying to get a multiple head
system up and running on X 4.2.0 with a 32MB
AGP Radeon AIW and a 32MB PCI Radeon. I have
managed to get X to use both cards by allowing
the PCI radeon to be the primary graphics device
via BIOS setting. Unfortunately, i am getting
hard system locks briefly after starting X.
I have tried mutliple 2.4 kernels, I am not
using DRI, and have tried multiple windows
managers and just for good measure even tried
a UP kernel. It seems that I can trigger the
lock up easily by moving an open window
back and forth between monitors quickly. I
suppose it is also important to note that the
system lock ups are not always complete in the
sense that the machine is processing interrupts
for a short time because I am able to move the
mouse... even though the keyboard is dead.
Eventually, everthing grinds to a halt.

I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this
sort of problem with X, xinerama and Radeons.
Any help or debugging pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

It should also be noted that I have tried disabling
various XAA features in order to targert a specific
acceleration that may be causing a problem. I
did find that disabling screentoscreencopy prevents
the server from immediately crashing... but it still
crashes eventually and in my X log file it notes that
the engine timed out. I have tried diabling
other cominations of accelerations but none have
been stable for more than a day. Currently in
running with NoAccel for a while to verify its stablity.

thanks,
JCN