> Hello.
>
> I am in a need of a new graphics card to use in my
> Linux system. I am looking for a not too expensive
> card. I have been offered a SiS 305 card by a
> reasonable price. But I am not sure whether XFree86
> already supports 2D _and_ 3D acceleration with it.
> Can anyone with a SiS card give me his(her) opinion
> on the subject?

Not all SiS chipsets are supported by the current driver. DRI is only
available for the 300/540/630/730. 2D accelleration is also supported on
the 530 and some older 55xx chipsets. 640/740/315/650 are currently
subject to development.

I don't know about the 305, I'd need to know the PCI ID to tell you
more. (Install the card, boot Linux, type "lspci -vvv" in the console
and send me the output.)

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer