On Monday 11 February 2002 01:04, Brent Bailey wrote:
> just installed xfree86 4.2  all is good but this mouse....whn i do
> startx...KDE starts up ...and everything looks ok ..untill i move the
> mouse ...then the cursor flies up to the top letf corner and stays
> there ..unusable....is there somethign i cand o ..like modifiy the config
> to adjust this ?? or anything ??? please help ...
> thankx for you help in advance :-)
> Brent Bailey
> bmyster.com admin

Sounds like you have gdm running at the same time - the two don't like each
other.
Or perhaps you have the wrong mouse type.

I suggest you disable gdm (killall gdm) and the reload X and see if that
works.
if not, edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4   file and look under the mouse
section and see what type of mouse you have set it to, and check this is
correct.

If you get stuck, try going on to #debian on irc.openprojects.net (I'm
JohnFlux)