Thomas Bruckschlegel wrote:

> > Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:25:16 +0100
> > From: "Anders Saaby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: [Xpert]Radeon 8500 3D support
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Have anybody any idea about when we could expect OpenGL support for the
> > ATI Radeon 8500 card in Xfree? Are anybody working on it?
> >
> > Secondly: if 3d support is too far avay in the future, then does anybody
> > know if xigraphics Summit driver is a useable alternative?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Anders Saaby
> I did some benchmarks on
> http://www.tommti-systems.de/main-Dateien/news010202_150202.html
> They support OpenGL 1.2 and I had some crashes during my tests. $129 isn't
> also that cheat....

I couldn't find the benchmarks there. It must be somehwere in arkiv.
Was this with their newest update, which fixed several bugs?
I tested their driver with a Radeon SDR and an MGA-550. I found
some bugs (especially with stereo) which are fixed in the newest version.

My impression was that it has many fewer bugs than XFree86, but
also has fewer features available, but I didn't do thorough testing,
judst tried a few programs that I am interested in using.

Xig will give you updates, but if you buy a different video card,
you'll have to buy another server.

Joe Krahn