[ xpert - Off Topic! ]

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Joe Krahn wrote:

> SO, Microsoft takes there statistics of what percent of users run
> Windows, and they put you in that list, even though you have erased
> WIndows, all as part of the evil FUD system to get the few Linux
> supporters to decide it's a waste of time.
>
> Am I wrong? Is there a way to unregister a computer as running
> Windoze? Or are the statistics I've read correct in saying that
> 95% of all users run Windoze?

Maybe 95% of all users run Win-something. But the percentage is of course
skewed. A percentage does not account for users who run more than one
operating system, or who use more than one computer (work - home
difference, for example). Plus it does not say how many of those users
actually WANT to run what they are running. And all illegal versions of
windows are probably estimated and included. All versions of Windows ever
sold may even be included. - Man, be glad the numbers of existing
computers isn't counted by the number of installed windows' !

The first time you booted up that laptop, you thought something like "Oh
my God!", angrily shoved in a bootfloppy and reset it. But you *SAW*
windows! You count as having used it.

Yeah, I run windows. Up until Transgaming's WineX works well enough. I run
Linux like 90% of the time, but boy, do I count as a windows user.

95% may even be invented: "Hey Joe, when I say 95% o' tha world uses
windows, that's 'bout right, ain't it?" Joe: "Yeah, whatever".
Lie born.

Until people start realizing this, and accepting the kind of crap from MS
that makes them use windows, the percentage will stay 95%, or higher.

Believe yourself, and the ones you trust. Don't believe anyone else.

Sorry, I got carried away a bit...
Yuri