This isn't XFree related but since it is of general interest
to some people here I thought I would post it for reference.

This is a driver framework for the DVO (Digital Video Out)
port on Intel 810 and 815 chipsets. Also included is a
binary driver for the Chrontel 7007 TV encoder which is found
on many 810 and 815 systems. Using this code and driver such
systems can control the features of the TV encoder such as
mode setting. This framework can also be used to write drivers
for any other TV encoders for which documentation can be
obtained.

This driver is not part of XFree, it is a stand alone utility
that can be run in interactive or command line mode with or
without a running X server. It was designed in this manner
specifically to support all embedded and desktop applications.
For this reason I would appreciate that this NOT be included
into the XFree driver, rather it remain as a stand alone
application. The code is divided into an interface (control.c)
a library (ldvo.c) and a driver (ch7007.o) such that any
interface can be used to access the library.

Note that this driver does not contain any code to control Macrovision
features of the Chrontel 7007 encoder. The
framework can support such features but they have been removed
from this public version.

It should compile with a simple "make"

Usage: (See help output for complete options list)
 control --tv_mode 3 --tv_enable
 control --help

 control --interactive
 >list_modes
 >tv_mode 3
 >tv_brightness 20
 >tv_enable
 >crt_enable
 >exit

This driver only supports Chrontel 7007 encoders, and has
only had limited testing on TV formats other than NTSC (US).

This driver is not supported by Intel, it is for reference
only.

-Matt