> I'm using XF86 4.2.0 on "Linux 2.4.19-pre2 i686" with a Matrox G450 AGP 32MEG
> DDR/DH, when I play RTCW the game freezes a short while in. It's usually few
> min into the game, maybe 2 or 3 min.  The kernel is up, (i.e. I can telnet in
> and reboot the box, or use magic sys-rq).

the same thing happens to me, with just about any game. Rune, Quake3,
Half-Life, etc.
freezes up after 2-20 mins.
haven't tried TuxRacer or Chromium yet.
lower-intensity things like Atlantis & glxgears don't cause this problem.

My system is a 1.1Ghz; what about yours? perhaps it's only higher data rates
that cause this. (maybe the developers were all on 500MHz boxen).

lots of other people have the same problem.
I hear that there's no one really maintaining the Matrox code at the moment
tho, and I don't know enough about device drivers, let alone graphics
hardware, to debug this.
I'm actually willing to buy a G450 card for someone who can debug the
driver competently.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer