On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Dave Williss wrote:

> Can somebody tell me what Xinerama is and where to find documentation
> about it?

   Xinerama takes multiple X screens and treats them as one big
screen.  For example, a typical case where you have a traditional
multiheaded X system with two monitors side-by-side.  Normally
you could move the mouse between the screens but you can't move
windows between them.  With Xinerama this looks and acts like
one big screen that's two screens wide.

> Just as a suggestion, it would be really helpful if every directory in
> the XFree86 source tree had a REAME file explaining what that particular
> library or X server extension was for and where to find more information
> about it.

   There's a multihead FAQ someplace that has some Xinerama info
in it.

                        mark.