On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 10:17:12AM -0500, David Dawes wrote:
> The XFree86 mouse acceleration code has been using a different
> algorithm from this (a smooth one) for a few years when the threshold
> is set to 0.  The traditional algorithm is still used when the
> threshold is non-zero.
Not quite true for my X server (XFree86 4.1.0) setting thresh to 0
gets no acceleration. xset m default (XChangePointerControl(dpy, 1, 1,
-1, -1) however gets a nice smoothly accelerated cursor (which I'm
using already, just never payed enough attention to it apparantly). It
might be nice to document this, though I don't know where... Perhaps
in man xset, which is where the average user will expect the info, but
it really is just a question of how the server behaves I guess.

--
Frank v Waveren                                      Fingerprint: 0EDB 8787
fvw@[var.cx|dse.nl|stack.nl|chello.nl] ICQ#10074100     09B9 6EF5 6425 B855