I am considering to buy a laptop (Znote 3001,
http://www.zepto.no/znote3001.asp) which will (I hope) run FreeBSD and
X.  Thus,  I investigate the support for X-windows on this machine.  The
VIA PN133 chipset
(http://www.via.com.tw/en/ProSavage%20Chipsets/pn133.jsp) has an
integrated S3 Savage4 graphics core.  From the XFree86 driver support
status pages (http://www.xfree86.org/current/Status28.html#28) it seems
that the S3 Savage4 is supported:

3.3.6
    Support (accelerated) for the Savage3D, Savage3D/MV, Savage4, and
    Savage2000, is provided by the XF86_SVGA server with the s3_savage
    driver on some OSes (Linux, *BSD).

4.2.0:
    Support (accelerated) for the Savage3D, Savage3D/MV, Savage4,
    Savage2000, and SuperSavage, is provided by the "savage" driver.
    Support for the other S3 chipsets has not yet been ported.

But how is the support for this integrated variant?

Best regards,
Pål Sommerhein