On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Matthias Marks wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i've got a Matrox G400 dualhead and i'd like to setup a rather _special_
> configuration:
> i want xfree on the first head and a plain text console (without xfree) on
> the second head (btw, the second head is connected to a pal tv, if that
> matters).
>
> Is the matrox driver capable of running such a setup or do i need some other
> drivers ?
>
> Has anyone of you already setup a configuration like that ?
>
> Any help is strongly appreciated...

Do you want the keyboard and mouse to belong to the text console
or the X server ? Or do you have a second keyboard + mouse ?

I think you can reorder the numbering of the heads on a matrox card
(the X server uses Option "SwappedHead").
If so you should be able to use the TV as your main head, and run
something like
        http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/multiuser/
as your Xserver on the main monitor, without affecting the text consoles.

You might need to use one of the Linux frame-buffer consoles to use
the TV out as the console.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna