Hi pals,

I have a question for you genius. Well, I've installed a the
Mandrake 8.2 distribution on my box with a S3Trio3D onboard.
DrakX refuse setting the machine with the XFree 4.2.0, despite
the documentation of this server shows that that chipset is
supported with acceleration through the s3virge driver. I'm sad:
Mandrake 8.2 only works as a graphical desktop with XFree 3.3.6.
Well, I wasn't satisfacted, so I used xf86config and xf86cfg. I
couldn't configure my Mandrake with S3Trio3D and the driver
s3virge, in any resolution. The problem isn't the monitor, that
is recognized and ok with 3.3.6. When I configure manually, X
does not work.

I'd like to use my machine and the X like the documentation of
4.2.0 says, with acceleration and anti-aliasing. Could someone
help me?

Thank you.

Paulo Igor