I'll try, but I don't know the X extensions very well.  Can you give me
some fairly common appas that use Xv?

Meanwhile, there is another critical problem with Xinerama on my
system.  Several of the applications that I use regularly hang when
Xinerama is enabled, including evolution and galeon.  I have seen some
suggestions on the web that there is a problem with interaction between
multithreaded Gtk+ apps and Xinerama, but most of those references were
rather old.

Is there currently a problem with this?  Is there a known workaround?

Thanks!

David