I'm trying to get a Matrox G400 dual head card working with XF86 4.2.
The only documentation I found was under 4.1, so if there is something
newer, let me know.
The 4.1 docs said to set it up just as if you had 2 cards, but to use
the same BusID in both devices section. I tried that, but still only got
one head.
The log file recognized the dual-head setup:

(**) |-->Screen "Screen0" (0)
(**) |   |-->Monitor "Monitor0"
(**) |   |-->Device "Card0"
(**) |-->Screen "Screen1" (1)
(**) |   |-->Monitor "Monitor1"
(**) |   |-->Device "Card1"
(**) |-->Input Device "Mouse0"
(**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard0"

Later it says:

(II) MGA: driver for Matrox chipsets: mga2064w, mga1064sg, mga2164w,
        mga2164w AGP, mgag100, mgag100 PCI, mgag200, mgag200 PCI, mgag400,
        mgag550
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:05:0
(WW) MGA: More than one matching Device section for instances
        (BusID: PCI:1:5:0) found: Card1
(--) Chipset mgag400 found

Otherwise it looks like a single head setup.

I am using the Matrox HAL library, but not the linux drm module as I
don't need 3D.

Is this supposed to work? If so any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I've
attahced my config file and log file.`
--
Chris Bare                                Metro Link Incorporated
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       http://www.metrolink.com/