On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 10:48:58PM -0300,
=?iso-8859-1?b?Ikpvc+k=?[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> [This is an email copy of a Usenet post to "comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.x"]

Uh, I don't know how this is happening, but I'm certainly not posting.

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:56:27 -0300, Dances With Crows wrote:
> > On 24 Apr 2002 15:39:21 -0700, José Romildo Malaquias staggered into the
> > Black Sun and said:
> >> I have a Philips Brilliance monitor model 107P20. It has a feature
> >> called light frame that allows increased sharpness and brightness of
> >> specific areas (windows) on the screen
> >>
> >> In Windows, LightFrame will boost brightness and sharpness for the
> >> selected window.  This will make the display of photos or videos more
> >> lively, as you are used to on a TV.
> >
> >> I would like to know whether this feature is or would be available also
> >> in Linux. If not, what is needed to get implemented in Linux?
[snip]
> The "light frame" is a feature of the _monitor_, not the video
> card.
[snip]
> The CD that comes with the monitor has a program that is used to activate
> the "light frame" feature in the desired window. When run, this program
> puts an icon in the tray area of the taskbar. To apply the feature
> to a window, it is enough to click on the program icon in the tray area
> an then clicking in the window. The window will be brighter and
> sharper then. Very cool!

I bet that it's really a software thing.  What happens if you plug a
different monitor in while the lightframe feature is active?
(Hot-swapping VGA monitors probably isn't the best idea I've ever had,
but it tends to work OK.)

-andy