On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 12:21:28PM +1000, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty wrote:
> You may be another victim of Intel refusing to publish the
> programmer's reference for the i830 graphics controller.

For your information, I have a toshiba S3000-X11 with an i830MG board.
Using the official binaries for XFree86 4.2 and the latest kernel found
on rawhide, it works beautifuly. I just had to declare 32Mo of videoram
in my XF86Config, and I have 1024x768 true colour, and the 3D (tuxracer)
working.

The only thing that is not working is the dual head display. (As I
understand it, a i830MG is like two i830M). The X server detects the
second board, but fails when it tries to look at the bios.

I can e-mail my XF86Config file or my log to those interested.

Eric Brunet