> Thanks very much for your suggestions, Its working
> partially now but have following problems which i
> think you also might have gone through.
>
> 1. It works partially when we compile new Xserver 4.2
> version and then execute our aplication without
> rebooting the system.
>
> 2. When we reboot the system, start the Newly compiled
> xserver and then run the application, system hangs and
> we do not get any other choice than to reset the
> machine

The problem occurs because X needs to initialize the secondary card, and
uses the BIOS for this. The BIOS assumes there's only one card, so X
needs to diable all other video cards. Since X only thinks it disabled
the other card, but actually did not, the BIOS code might put both cards
in unknown state.

Simple solution is:
Use old X, but immediatelly after starting it enable video memory of the
agp card with: (replace 1:0:0 with the address of your AGP card).
setpci -s 1:0:0 COMMAND=2

Other solutions are more complex and require understanding of the X
initialization process.

As an aside, if you don't use the console on vesafb, but only your
application, it might make sense to have the PCI card that runs X as a
primary card, and use svgalib on the second card.

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]