First of all I apologize if this mail is too long but, after 5 hours, 50 rebooting and 50 e2fsck, I'm thinking to quit installing Linux or I'll go crazy. I'm trying to install Xfree 4.2.0 on my laptop with  Intel i830 chipset and video card but my screen crashes every time I try to run it, I only get an horrible collection of colors patches and a frozen system, the same happens if I try to kill the server with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace....... system frozen.
I attached Xfree86config, dmesg and Xfreelog files hoping that someone can help me to understand what going on cos I reached the bottom of my modest skills....

p.s. I run  kernel 2.4.18

Stefano