00cc01c1f279$77feb3b0$1100000a@rollandwas">
From: "Dr Andrew C Aitchison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

XF86_SVGA is part of 3.3, not 4.0.3.
4.0.3 is over a year old, things may have improved with 4.2.0

only 3.3.6 is working with more or less success. 4.x is not supported for
Geode chips.

After asking for help on this list few days ago, I've been answered to ask
National for support. They answered I should check linux4.tv, where there
should be a driver for those cards. Alas, the file seems to no longer exist
(there - supposedly - is a geode_drv.so driver contained in
nsc-sdk-X-4.01-0.i386.rpm, but I cannot find the file on the web site). So
we are stuck with the old X server ...

Best regards,
Rolland Dudemaine