BS>    If run a Xapplication from remote machine, the Xapplication
BS>    takes the fonts from local machine or  remote machine ?

In XFree86, we have two types of fonts: traditional core fonts and the
new ``Xft fonts''.

Core fonts are provided by the server and come from font files on the
server side.  It is now believed that they are not suitable for
complex scripts such as Arabic and Devanagari.

We are currently moving towards a new font framework (due to Keith
Packard), which has been designed to be more efficient for fonts with
large numbers of glyphs and to suppor ``smart'' font technologies,
such as OpenType, which are needed for complex scripts.  Issues
related to the new font framework are best discussed on the render
list.

Hope this helps,

                                        Juliusz