I'm not sure this the right list for this but..
I'm having a strange problem with some video players
I have installed on my system.
I have MPlayer, Xine, and Xmovie all installed.  When
I run every one of those I get sound and the player
seems to be running fine, but there is no video in
the window.  Most of the time there is just a thin
blue bar down the left side of the window. On Xmovie
only, if I stop the movie a still picture (frame)
appears.  I tried installing a new version of X and
recompiling some of the movie players but this has
not helped.  It seems the video stream is going into
a bit bucket someplace.  Does anyone have an idea
of what could be happening?

Fred