On Mon, 6 May 2002, Matthew Schumacher wrote:

> List,
>
> I can't seem to figure this out... any information that could help me
> resolve this would be great:
>
> I am trying to export my Solaris 5.8 display to my linux box so I can
> use Openview but I get this error:
>
> ovw: Cannot allocate 128 colors. Using monochrome images.
>
> I am running a 16-bit display so I don't know why it can't find 128 colors.

   It probably means it can't allocate any color cells.  Sounds
to me like your app doesn't work in depth 16.  It might work in
depth 24, but maybe it only works in depth 8.  But even in depth
8, it probably won't be able to get 128 colors due to the render
extension eating up the default map.  Try depth 24.

                                Mark.