--- Mark Vojkovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 May 2002, Eric Jorgensen wrote:
>
> > What about getting it to work in 24 bits?  Is
> there a
> > way to get the behavior from version 3.3.6 in
> current
> > versions?
>
>    I'm suspicious about that.  HP never supported
> 24bpp XImages.
> If anything, I would expect it to work now, and not
> before.  I
> think the advertising of 24bpp formats in XFree86
> 3.3.6 was a
> huge mistake.  What problems do you get trying to
> run it in
> depth 24?

When I try to run it in 24 bit mode, the "colors are
all wrong", that is, within Arc/Info raster image
colors are distorted.  Colors otherwise are normal.

I took the video card out of the old working machine
and put it in the new non-working machine.  I've
attached the XFree86 log files from when the X server
starts up.  If someone could please look at these and
tell me what I need to set in the new -4 config file
to "emulate" the behavior of the previous version in
24 bit mode, I would be incredibly appreciative.  If
not, word on why Xfree86 version 4 won't do what
version 3 did would suffice.

Thanks!

Eric