Paul Robertson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> Now we need to start working with both odd and even fields. If we do
> that with our current software, the picture wobbles up and down.  If I
> write some code to adjust the position of the odd field, the picture
> still looks wrong, particularly if nothing is moving in the picture.
> If I write code to reconstitute a full frame by interlacing the odd
> and even fields, then I see nasty artefacts when there is horizontal
> motion in front of the camera.

  If you want the hardware to do all the scaling, it was sort of decided
that we should update the Xv API to tell it if you're giving an odd or
even field, and let it handle the scanline offset.

  Otherwise, you can do the interpolation in software.  I wrote an app
that does this, but it's not 'done' yet:

  http://www.dumbterm.net/graphics/tvtime/

  Linear interpolation as I do there emulates pretty reasonably what
cheap TVs look like.

  We can discuss options further if you like, but Xpert probably isn't
the right place.  v4l-list might be better. :)

--
Billy Biggs