I am having problems configuring X.-windows on my PC. I am using
Xconfigurator. I then select my video as generic and then the server screen
comes up. The only selection that exists is XF86_S3, so needless to say I
have to select this. Next I choose custom monitor and enter in the
horizontal and vertical specs (from the owners manual). Then I select the
ram on my video card (256Kb). I leave the ramdac and clock setting at the
suggested defaults. Nothing happens my screen sometimes blinks and then I
always get the configuration error screen. This tells me there was something
wrong with my configuration. After reading on the web I think I need the
XF86_SVGA, but this binary files does not exist on my computer. If I am on
the right track can someone tell me how can I down load this (I can't find
it anywhere). If I am not on the right path please tell me what to do
because I am at a dead end. Thank you.