On Tue, 21 May 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Another question, given separately since I didn't want to
> mix the two threads :-)
>
> Being given to understand that X Server and Client can be
> on two different boxes, I've the following question:
> I've box-A running RH7.1 (192.168.0.1) with X. Can box-B
> running Debian Potato (192.168.0.5) make use of the X
> Server on box-A to run its X clients?
>
> Presently box-B does not have X running, since its XF86
> does not support i810e boards. Hence I did not install X
> Server on it. If the answer to above question is Yes, do I
> need to install anything in addition on box-B, like X-core
> files?

I don't know how Debian divides its packages, but if you install
the correct parts of XFree86 you can indeed do what you want.

However, you say that XFree86 doesn't support i810e.
It does, although you wil need a kernel with agpgart support.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna