On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 10:46:18AM +0700, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
>Hi!
>
>While there is stable Mesa version (4.0.2) lying around for a pretty
>long time already, is there any chance for us to see it merged in
>XFree86 by next release? ;-P

The next XFree86 release will have the latest stable version of
Mesa that's been integrated with the DRI code, so the answer is
"yes".

>Frankly, I see very little point of having Mesa3 in current version.

The "current" XFree86 CVS has Mesa 4.0.1+.  It was pointless
including Mesa 4.0.x in XFree86 4.2 because the version of the DRI
code that uses it was still in development at that time.

David
--
David Dawes
Release Engineer/Architect                      The XFree86 Project