I have been using Win2K on the desktop for quite a while now, and I am now
evaluation Red Hat 7.3 with a view to replacing Win2K. Things are progressing
well, but the appearance of the fonts on X is not nearly as good as those in
Windows. I have tried using True Type fonts and have checked the
"Anti-Aliasing for  Fonts" box in the KDE Control Centre, but they are still
quite fuzzy compared to those in Windows.

I am using many of the applications that came with 7.3 and it is the same in
all of them. I have tried to customise the applications by specifying the
fonts to use, but have not seen any improvement.

I have used several PCs with different video cards and monitors and it is the
same with all of them. I have also checked with several colleagues who use
Linux and they have agreed that the font appearance is not as good. Can
anyone shed a light on this?

Regards,
Brad
Brisbane, Australia